Technical and Scientific Affairs Manager
We are looking for an experienced Technical and Scientific Affairs Manager who will be responsible for coordinating activities related to the science and technology areas of interest to Fruit Juices industry, as well as food legislation fields in cooperation with the senior Regulatory Affairs manager. The Technical and Scientific Affairs Manager will manage the AIJN Code of Practice. We are the European Fruit Juices federation, representing the interests and promoting the image of the European Fruit Juices Industry in all its contacts with EU Institutions and other relevant organisations and stakeholders..
You will be part of a team that is supporting and collaborates with our member organisations, monitoring all policy, legal and regulatory developments on key priority issues relevant to the sector.
As a Technical and Scientific Affairs Manager you will oversee a portfolio of dossiers and be supporting to achieving the objectives of the association. Within that portfolio, that evolves over time, you will:
a) Responsibility for the Code of Practice Expert Group and other ad hoc groups
b) Responsibility for the Technical Committee in coordination with the Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager
c) Monitoring of developments in EU Agricultural, Trade and Customs policy relevant to the fruit juice sector.
d) External representation
e) Following the EJCS (Union of European Juice Control Systems)
f) Supporting AICV
Key requirements for the role include:
- Education to preferably master’s level or comparable in bioscience, bioengineering, food technology, food science or comparable; • Minimum eight years of relevant experience in scientific research environment or production technology job;
- Preferably previous experience working in and/or a solid understanding of:
o EU policy-making processes,
o EU public affairs and advocacy work;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Excellent command of English (native or near-native level) and advanced writing and editing skills in the language;
- Service-oriented mind-set and strong focus on meeting the needs of Member Organisations;
- Proven capacity to deal with stakeholders and broker common positions;
- Strong inter-personal, external networking, negotiation and persuasion skills;
- Strong organisational skills, and the ability to manage time and to work to deadlines;
- Pro-active, flexible and ‘hands on’ approach to work.
What we offer?
We offer long term contract and a competitive salary. We also provide benefits such as meal vouchers, 13th month, holiday allowance, hospital and group insurance.
How can you apply?
You can apply by sending your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Your cover letter (maximum two pages) should outline your suitability and motivation for the post. It should explicitly reference how your profile matches the different job requirements described above. Please also include with your application the names and contact details of two people (ideally a current or former line manager or supervisor) who could provide a reference in case you are short-listed for interview. The position is open until 15 october. Applications will be accepted until a qualified candidate is selected, at which time the recruitment will be closed.
Please direct for a detailed job description to email@example.com. More information on AIJN can be found HERE
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA